Saturday, February 14, 2015

Sing Down The Moon


Sing Down the Moon is a moving story about the tragic life of the Navaho Indians in the late 1800's. They were forced to slavery, were driven away from their homes, and were treated harshly by foreigners. This book is beautifully written and is simply moving. It is a memorable reading experience especially to those who are fascinated with Native American culture.

Favorite quote:

I said nothing more that day about the canyon or the sheep. But I made up my mind as we went back through the village, past the rows of brush huts where people shivered and were dying. Within the rising and waning of five moons my baby would be born.
"It will not be born here, in the shadow of the gray fort," I said to myself, "not here."

No comments:

Post a Comment