Wednesday, March 11, 2015

How They Met and Other Stories


David Levithan's stories about love will redefine your preconceived notion of what love should be. Love breaks barriers of gender, age, social status, and race. Deep inside, however different we may be, we are all the same.

Favorite quotes:

"You think people are afraid with two boys in love? To hell with that! What people are really afraid of is two boys screwing." 

"Sometimes, you need to be bullied by the truth."

"We'd said we'd keep in touch. But touch is not something you can do from a distance. Touch is not something you can keep; as soon as it's gone, it's gone. We should have said we'd keep in words, because they are all we can string between us - words on a telephone line, words appearing on a screen. But they cause more complications than clarity."

"We listen to songs to figure them out, to unravel the mystery of the words and the tune. I am writing in order to unravel myself, to find out what exactly I'm doing, and why."

"This is what a song can do. Our moments are music, and sometimes - just sometimes - we can catch them and put them into some lasting form. If I didn't have music, I don't know if I could ever be truly happy, and if I didn't have these moments, I would never find music. It is everywhere, in the air between us, waiting to be sung."

No comments:

Post a Comment